The Fleischman Academic Scholarship
|Dr. Marianne and Mr. Robert Fleischman started the Fleischman Academic
Scholarship in 1999 for graduating seniors at Monmouth Regional High
School in Tinton Falls, NJ.
We believe in effective philanthropy. Because of this belief, we
become directly involved in our charities and give our time, our treasure,
and our talent. One of the most rewarding parts of our lives is helping
We desire to reward outstanding seniors who, in both resume and
interview, demonstrate the blend of humane and scholarly virtues that
we ourselves strive to attain.
Over the years, this has become the largest and most prestigious privately funded award given at Monmouth Regional High School. Past winners are among the finest graduates and are almost universally successful.
Tips on How to Win
- Show us the same respect we show you. That is, if you'd like us to
take time to consider your application, take time to ensure that the
application is complete and error free.
- Check the spelling and the grammar used in your essay. It must be flawless.
- Be honest and specific. Glittering generalities and attempts to
tell us "what we want to hear" are not well received.
- Please answer the question asked, don't duplicate your college
essay. If you have a great college essay, please include it.
- Tell us about yourself. Classes, school projects, and great grades
are wonderful. However, life is full of opportunities beyond the
- Ask teachers familiar with the scholarship for advice on your
essay or application. Mr. Morrell, Mr. Teeple, and Mr. Calvert know
things that could be very helpful.
- If we contact you by phone, be courteous by returning our calls. Assuming that our time is not valuable is a mistake.
- Take the essay and the interview very seriously. We do.
- Have someone you respect comment on your essay before submission.
Rob Fleischman (MRHS 1987, MRHS Hall-of-Fame 2005)
Questions or Concerns can be sent to: "rmf" AT "fleischman.net".